ENSG is France's leading Grande École in Geosciences
Ever since 1908, we have been producing geo-engineering graduates who possess strong natural observation skills and a thorough understanding of the chemistry and physics of the Earth and its hydrological systems. Our geological engineers are also trained in the fields of mechanics, information technology, law and economics, giving them a unique set of skills to bring to the tasks and projects they are involved in.
Throughout their studies, the students take a wide range of Geoscience courses and have the opportunity to specialize in subjects from among 8 options, helping them determine the direction of their future careers.
A word from the Director
For more than 100 years, the École Nationale Supérieure de Géologie has been taking on the formidable educational challenge of training geological engineers. As a geologist, the geo-engineer masters a scientific discipline which enables him or her to observe, with varying degrees of sophistication, natural objects over a wide range of spatial and temporal scales. As an engineer, the geo-engineer is capable of harnessing modelling and optimization tools to solve complex problems, and, through their knowledge of the industry, of transforming them into cost-effective operational tools. The Sch [...]Read more
Looking for a reason to choose ENSG? Here are ten!
- A school which ranks among the top engineering schools in France.
- Diverse opportunities across all the Geoscience fields.
- Rapid recruitment of graduates by the biggest companies in France and overseas.
- An extensive network of industry partners.
- Student-centred teaching and open learning.
- International vision and culture.
- A dynamic cultural and academic environment.
- Research laboratories renowned for excellence in their fields.
- A thriving student life.
- Nancy, a vibrant city just 90 minutes from Paris by TGV.
News from the School (french)
Si l’ENSG accueille déjà depuis quelques années d’excellents étudiants libanais au sein de son cursus ingénieur, cet accord de...
L’ENSG organise la Conférence “ Les risques volcaniques, surveillance, prévision et prévention” par Jacques-Marie Bardintzeff,...
Le GIP Objectif Meuse, Mines Nancy et l’Ecole nationale supérieure de Géologie de Nancy (ENSG) ont inauguré le Pôle de Compétences...